Midweek News - 20 March 2019
20th March 2019
Rides coming up for your diary
As usual all upcoming rides are posted on the AK HOG Website calendar events page –
- which is exactly the same info that is on the member Jungle app events link
Like your throttle – it is all at your fingertips!
Ride to Kaiaua This Saturday
Date: Saturday 23rd Mar 2019 1:00 PM
Details: Leaving from HD Store Mt Wgtn at 1:00 pm.
Chapter Ride this Sunday
Date: Sunday 24th march
Location: Meet BP North 9:30 a.m.
Beach Hop – Saturday 30th March
- AK HOG Ride to the Whangamata Event
- Leaving BP South 9 AM
Chapter meeting next Monday
25th March @ 6:30 PM
The Chapter meetings are now at our new venue :
Akarana Golf Club
1388 Dominion Rd, Mount Roskill, Auckland
Please familiarise yourself with the directions on the map link below:
At the new venue when you arrive…
- *** Please sign in as you come in the foyer
- Turn left and make your way to order your meals
- Then carry on down and buy a heap off raffle tickets from Camel who will be by the bar area
New members coming into the chapter night for the first time:
- Look for membership services desk as you come in – we will help sign you in and show you to the hosts at the new members table.
Call the Sheriff…
Doc will be in full flight collecting fines
Any strange things on rides or things to report – please email the Sheriff
Jan / Feb Magazine
The Magazine is best read on a computer (unless you can read fine print!).
- Log In to your account, and then you’ll be able to access the magazine
REMEMBER you have to Login first! Or you won’t be able to retrieve it.
(Go to members login in the top right corner of the computer screen. If you haven't logged in before, please follow these instructions... instruction sheet PDF Link)
Chapter merchandise for sale
Remember there are all kinds of cool Chapter T-Shirts – short and long sleeve (mens and ladies) – caps, large small medium rockers for your jackets and vests - view the pricing here on the merchandise website link
You can purchase these at chapter nights or by contacting Trude Cameron email@example.com
From the director – Crads
2019 AGM & Nominations for our chapter committee
Hello to all Chapter Members.
Our AGM will be held on Sunday 19th May and we would like nominations please from anyone that would like to participate on the Committee. Have a look at our web page showing the current committee areas – and see what area you may be interested in coming forward to help on the committee click here to see the committee areas
Forms can be found on the website or just click this link to download it. If you need a nominator and seconder, or would like to discuss roles on the Committee, please let me know – just email me firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 027 271 9575
Remember, the Chapter exists for all of us, and we need volunteers like you to keep the Chapter running (the more the merrier). Perhaps you know of someone who has great skills or could suit a role on the committee, and you would like to nominate them? Or if you would like to share a little bit of your time, or come back on board for another stint, please let me know.
Chapter Membership renewals are happening now!
Notes re HOG membership renewals for 2019:
IN THIS NEW SYSTEM - if you don't renew your membership, your membership will automatically lapse, and you'll have to join again as a new member (with a higher joining fee) to retain your membership. You've been warned!!!
Reminder to ensure your HOG Membership is current BEFORE renewing your AK Chapter membership.
- PLEASE NOTE - You have to be a current paid up member of HOG before you can be an AK Chapter member.
- There are no exceptions to this – as this is part of our Ak Chapter Charter.
Click here to update your HOG membership or to do it by phone call Phone: 0-800-HOG-CLUB (0-800-464-258) - Toll Free in New Zealand
Method of payment of your membership fees
- Please pay by credit card or debit card – via your account on the web or app
- We now no longer take cash payments
- Neither do we take internet bank deposits for renewals so, please DO NOT PAY BY INTERNET TRANSFER.
The reason for this is that all the administration for membership renewals (and new members) is automated via the Member Jungle App
- Reminders are generated automatically to you
- Your fee payment is live linked to your Member Jungle Profile
- Your payment receipts will be automatically sent to you by email
- Your payment automatically updates your fee payment status in Member Jungle
- From now on any new members will have their membership for 12 months from the date of their joining.
If you need help accessing your account (you’ve not done it before) go to the login section and select “FORGOT PASSWORD”. Enter your username which is your firstname_surname and your email address. You will be emailed a link to change your password. Follow this link, change your password, then you can sign in to your account and make a payment for your sub. Now you’ll also be able to see photos, magazines, etc.
- New App installation instruction sheet PDF Link or very simple instructions are on the website right here if you know somebody who is not yet using the app.
If you still have problems, please email us at email@example.com and we will help you out.
Have a great week everybody!
Ride and have fun!
Mike Weitenberg - Membership Officer
021 850 947