Midweek News 7 Nov
7th November 2018
By Mike Weitenberg
OCTOBER EDITION NOW OUT !
Events & happenings
Invitation to Swashbucklers Tonight Wednesday 7th 6.30 pm
Mid-week –HOG Social Catch-up- drinks and dinner
- Mike W will host this one as the legendary Carson will be buying more of those cheese slicer hats in the USA
( I am trying to figure why Chucky is also wearing a cheese slicer hat thing as well? ¿ )
@ 23B Westhaven Drive, Auckland (Entry to Westhaven Drive off Beaumont Street) map click
*Rumour has it – Carson actually has the new app working on his i-phone…thanks Raewyn!
Rides coming up for your diary
This Saturday 10th November – Kumeu
- Departs 1.00 PM HD Takapuna
- Leader : Cammo
Saturday 17th November – Scavenger Hunt Ride Waiuku
- Departs 1.00 PM MT Wgtn HD Store
- Leader: Camel (Bring along a pen - that works!!)
Sunday 18th November Hard Arse ride
- Destination : Clockwise Central North Island
- Departing: BP South 7.30am
- Leader: Greg Joynt
Next new members orientation and ride
Saturday 8th December 11:00 AM – Upstairs HD Mt Wgtn Store
Intro of NEW app for Members
At the last chapter night we launched the exciting brand new membership app for our chapter called “Member Jungle” for use on smart phones and tablet devices –and also our new website.
- The new Member Jungle APP is available now for you to download and use!
- Click on this link to follow the 3 easy steps to install the app and get it working - Please read the FULL instructions fully and carefully – New App Download Instructions link
- The APP will now be the one stop shop for all AK HOG communications – news, events, ride info, calendar, mid-week news, website link.
- New members can be signed up anywhere on a smart phone
- As existing members you will receive reminders when you chapter membership renewal is due via the APP
- You can pay your directly by credit card or debit card –( No more internet bank transfers needed) – Your receipt will be automated
- You will have events, rides and calendar info at your fingertips.
** Note – next Wednesday 14th November will be the last time mid-week news is sent out by email – from then on the link will come to you via the MEMBER JUNGLE APP – you will get a notification to remind you to go to the link.
Muscle Up HD MT Wgtn store
8 Dec 2018
Event information link
Auckland Harley Davidson's 'Muscle Up Part II' motorcycle and muscle car show :
- December 8 at the Mt Wgtn store , 521 Mt Wellington Highway, Mount Wellington, Auckland.
Check out a great display of muscle cars and Harleys, vote for your favourite bike or car via gold coin in a bucket (all proceeds go to Muscular Dystrophy), and get a bite to eat/coffee. While you're there, indulge in Auckland Harley-Davidson's Christmas Sale.
- The show runs from 10.00am to 1.00pm, and public entry is free.
Registration link to enter your bike here
Western Springs Speedway Driver Parade Saturday 9th February 2019
The Promotors of Western Springs Speedway have again invited the HOG Chapter to Parade the drivers out for the Barry Butterworth Memorial Feature.
This is one of the premier races for the season, and we will need 21 x bikes able to take a driver pillion around the track. Those coming will be given 2 x free admission tickets per bike to the meeting as well.
The bikes will be on display during the meeting inside the main gate.
Greg Joynt will lead the Saturday ride finishing at McDonalds Pt Chev. We can then depart to the stadium and enter as one group. You can do both the afternoon ride and the meeting, or just meet us at Maccas for the Springs event. We do have a bit of time but Greg will need indications of numbers as we must provide ALL 21 bikes.
Please email Greg Joynt on: firstname.lastname@example.org or text him on 021 578 275 So he can start building a list. With the Springs closing this may well be the last opportunity to do this.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ACTIVITIES FOR YOUR DIARY
Saturday 24th November - MDN Christmas Party
As our November chapter event, we would like as many as possible to join Santa on this annual event which brings so much joy to so many kids and their families.
We are invited to share a Christmas lunch with over 60 families, before Santa provides a gift to all the kids. Unfortunately the date for registering for lunch has passed, but you're still welcome to attend - And for all those who participate, can you please bring a wrapped kids present marked with Male/Female, and the approx. age group – which Santa will love to distribute after lunch.
Saturday 8th December: AK HOG Chapter Games & Hangi (Xmas Event)
We are trialling this event on a Saturday, so you have a day to relax before going back to work as the Hangi (Traditional) will be lifted at 4.00pm.
- The ride will leave HD Mt Wellington at 1.00pm and will travel directly to Camels Place in Waiuku. Chapter Games will start as soon as you arrive.
Games include Snail Race(Men's & Ladies) Skittles (includes Trikes in this game) Wet the “Donkey” (Bikes & Trikes) and Chocolate Alley.
After Games/ between Hangi /after Hangi there is Pool/Darts/Mini Golf to pass the time and welcome to stay on after Dinner.(BYOG)
Hangi will be served @ 4.00 pm along with Dessert. (anyone that can’t make the Chapter Ride may come later for the Hangi) Anyone with Children between 12 months and 10 years coming please contact Camel of age & Name of Child.
Anyone wanting to play wet the Donkey please bring Shorts/Bikini /(no mankini as there is a paddock next door with bulls and we don’t want a stampede!!!)
There will be Pool, Darts and Mini Golf that will be available to play after Games and after Dinner if you wish to stay on and socialise.
Tickets will be available at both Shops from 14th November till 30th November and at November 26th Chapter night. (prices will be advertised shortly)
Any Members that can't make it out at 1.00pm to the Games are welcome to come later for the Hangi and Socialise.
P.S If you have any children between 2 & 10 years old that would be attending please let me know.
Cheers - Camel email@example.com
Ride and have fun!
Mike Weitenberg - Membership Officer
021 850 947